We are delighted to say that the Bristol Owners’ Heritage Trust’s little effort was chosen as the Historic Motoring Award Publication of the Year at a charming little event at the Rosewood Hotel in High Holborn recently.
To quote the blurb:
” For this award, the judges are looking for a truly outstanding book, published between 1st June 2018 and 30th June 2019. It could be an extremely well-researched biography, a fascinating look at a particular era, marque, company or aspect of automotive history”
The shortlist included
- Alfa Romeo Giulia (185), Patrick Dasse, Dingwort Press
- Black & Gold: the Story of the John Player Specials (190), Johnny Tipler, Coterie Press
- Donington Park: the Pioneers (189), John Bailie, Silver Fox Creative Ltd
- One Formula – 50 years of Car Design (194), Gordon Murray & Philip Porter, Porter Press
- The Bristol Aeroplane Company – Car Division (186), BOHT, Palawan
- The Cars You Always Promised Yourself (188), Steve Saxty, Porter Press
- The Self-Preservation Society: 50 Years of The Italian Job (196), Matthew Field, Porter Press
- Vintage Bentleys in Australia (issue 192), Various authors, Peleus Press
THE PUBLISHER STILL HAS SOME COPIES AVAILABLE – PLEASE CONTACT:
PALAWAN PRESS LIMITED
11 Royal Crescent Mews, London W11 4SY
For those of us (like myself) whose budgets may be (ahem) temporarily out of funds, I have placed one of our splendid Author’s Proofs in secure surroundings in the City of Bristol Archives at B Bond Warehouse, Smeaton Rd, Bristol BS1 6XN.
It can be viewed there, free and by anyone interested,(whether a member of this, any other club, or none) free; thus in line with this Trust’s educational/research brief.
Yours in Bristol
Chair, Bristol Owners Heritage Trust